Applesauce... RAW???


Hey guys I'm sorry to have been out of touch. I was spending some time with family and they took up most of my day. Happily spent time but no time to blog. Now I have started playing in my kitchen and I found a recipe that is just delicious.

Normally applesauce is this sweet delicious thing that has a lot of texture and in my case cinnamon. As of late I've taken to my heart to read labels before buying anything and the label for applesauce is not so bad but wouldn't it be better if  it had none??

I found this recipe to be so delicious and most importantly EASY! I definitely do not have time to play around in the kitchen (as much as I love to) so recipes need to be fast and easy. The ingredients for this recipe are simple and delicious. Apples (I used gala but any apple will do the trick) + Dates and a little water can do the trick.

Image result for raw applesauceI really enjoy this with dried fruit or as a sauce for a fruit salad (YUM!). Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. This could count as a breakfast meal or just a simple snack.Usually I make small batches so that I can eat it right away but if you make a bigger batch you can keep it in the fridge for at least 2 days before it starts to taste different. I kept it in a glass bottle (like a mason jar). 

Enough talking here it is:


Raw apple sauce: 


Ingredients :
  1. one apple (cored)
  2. one tablespoon of filtered water
  3.  one date 
  4. one teaspoon cinnamon
  5. one pinch of nutmeg (optional)
  6. one pinch of all spice (optional)
Instructions:

add all ingredients in your food processor/ blender and pulse until its all blended. Make sure that the apple is broken down and the texture is what you like. (I love it a little chunky if I'm gonna top it with other things but smooth if it will be a sauce in a fruit salad.)


Come back for more next week!! 

TO SHARE IS TO LOVE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Dairy Mashed Potatoes

C.U.R.E. by Rosanne Calabrese

DETOX FOODS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU COULD HAVE...

Follow us for delicious recipes and tips!!