“Fudgy” Chocolate Truffles

  Chocolate Truffles ( shh vegan and #healthy) 



This week I've been researching about deserts. Mainly because during my first week on detox this was my main problem, the thing that pushed me to cheat on my otherwise Alkaline diet. Even though this is not detox at least is a better option than regular chocolate so for those who love chocolate this is as good as it gets. 

 I made this from the things I had at home. The first time I made it it hurt my pocket a little because coconut oil can be expensive, but since you use so little of it it lasts a very long time which means in the end it is cheaper than going out and buying chocolate made with cane sugar and food coloring. 

 To buy the dates I use Publix because they have good and very cheap dates in the produce section ( last time it was 3.99!!) and again it will give me a couple of dozens of truffles so it is worth it. The cacao powder was a really good buy I paid about 2.99 for the small container and i feel it works just like the coconut oil buy it once and use for an eternity. I even use it for hot cocoa (when I'm not detoxing) its a healthier option than the chocolate powder because it doesn't have the additions (WHITE CANE SUGAR!). 

For the last ingredient which is vanilla extract, this one is like the only ingredient we have in our houses regardless if we need it or not. No more talking more snacking!

 Tools:
1. food processor + S blade



Ingredients:
15 – 20 California Dates pitted (depends on size use a cup to measure about 1 cup don’t press down)
3 Tablespoons raw cacao powder (Sub with Carob powder on detox)
¼ Teaspoon of Coconut oil (sub with honey on detox)
 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract

Directions: 

 Place the dates in food processor and add 1 Tablespoon of cacao, Pulse until dates break apart.
Add the coconut oil and the rest of the cacao and blend in the setting of dough until smooth and made into a ball.
a.     The dates will stick to the sides and the blade making it difficult to blend but with a spatula carefully press down and pulse once more until you get the right consistency.
     Place the ball in a bowl and scoop to the size you wish
a.     If using a cookie scoop the mixture will make about 12 truffles.
Toppings: Nuts, coconut shreds, cacao powder or homemade vegan chocolate syrup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non-Dairy Mashed Potatoes

C.U.R.E. by Rosanne Calabrese

DETOX FOODS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU COULD HAVE...

Follow us for delicious recipes and tips!!